Saturday, December 10, 2011

Where to begin..

I am writing this from my dining room table. I am extremely tired and annoyed because I did not get much sleep last night. My noisy neighbors downstairs decide (as they often do) to have one of their surround sound systems (they have four of them in the apartment) blasting. The bass traveled throughout the house and made it impossible to relax. In addition, we have a neighbor across the yard who has an illegal construction business of some sort. He decided (as usual) to construct something last night.

This morning, I was awakened by my neighbors downstairs slamming doors and yelling at eight AM. Being that it is Saturday, I had hoped that they would sleep a little longer just this one day..but no! I tried my best to go back to sleep but they continually made noise. Also, the neighbor across the yard started at about eight thirty this morning with his offensive noises. He broke out the power saw this morning and went at it! In fact, the bastard is STILL at it! I am at the front of my house and i can still hear his noise that is coming from the back.

I am in a newly constructed house (very expensive to rent in this state because they are new, in New Jersey..you pay through-the-nose for that). We wanted this because we were trying to escape some of the problems that come with living in an older house. However, we ended up in something that was not much better.

You can hear EVERYTHING in this house. We are at the top of a three family home. I can hear my neighbor's cats running on the hardwood floors in their apartment. In fact, last night..there was some type of commotion downstairs, which we heard of course..but we also heard the cat me-owing loudly. We had our TV on in the living room and were talking and still heard all of that. It was loud enough to sound like it was in our apartment!

The people downstairs are nice but they are very inconsiderate. We have asked them (and their two GROWN sons) to quiet down several times but to no avail. They may stop temporarily, then they are at it again. The front hallway smells like Black and Mild cigars because the husband and two sons smoke. We asked them to stop this several times and they think that the solution is to just go into the attached garage (rare in New Jersey) and smoke with the hallway door open..ugh!

Well..back to "Bob the Builder" (this is what I call the noisy neighbor in the back with the illegal business because he is ALWAYS building something). I called the police on him several times today. However, being that we are in the inner-city..unless someone has died, your chances of the police coming for something like this is almost non-existent. I will however be calling the zoning board on Monday. I will make sure that his operation is shut down as soon as possible. Other people around here may be okay with that deafening noise but my husband and I are not. We are here now and will see to it that he is put out of commission.

Well..that is enough for now, I will be updating frequently with some super crazy stuff! Also, is a youtube channel in the pipeline. I am just tweaking it to make sure that it does this site justice. Well..enough about my crazy morning, I would love to hear about what you go through here in New Jersey, or another state (so that we have a more well-rounded view of the state of things). What is on your mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input!