Monday, December 12, 2011

Yet another day in hell

Well, it is Monday and again I am awakened by the noisy neighbors downstairs. In addition to them, I am dealing with construction noise from somewhere. It is not "Bob the Builder"..at least not yet. This Boise is coming from somewhere in the vicinity. However I cannot see where it is coming from outside or from any of the upstairs windows. It it extremely loud. There is no way to ignore it. Even if I manage to doze off for a second I am awakened by a jarring noise. It sounds like they are using jackhammers and car crushers. I pulled out my sound machine hoping that I could drown out the noise. It did not work, even at the highest level. Next, we have "Bob the Builder", who is making yet another appearance.

Today we are working on some large metal object. We are banging on the metal very loudly and using a welder and sledge hammer. We have not yet broken out the other toys yet, but I am sure that we will. Hey, maybe at around 9 pm as usual Ey? I called several city offices today, including zoning. No one wants to pick up the phone. I got a hold of one person in a city office and was on hold waiting for her to give me the correct number for over ten minutes. I hung up and found it myself on the Internet. These people are still going at it with the noise but this lousy city makes it impossible to fight back.

No sense in calling the police (non emergency number of course) because they never came the other day despite three calls within a four hour time span. I will keep trying the other city numbers though. If needed, we will be going to court because there is no way that I can take this nonsense. Maybe the people around here are used to it. It seems that in urban areas, it is easy to become complacent. However, I have lived in much better areas and I will not settle for blatant mediocrity.

This city bites, this state bites! I do live in an inner-city but do we not pay taxes like everyone else? Okay, maybe not all of us, but there are a lot of hard working people here that don't deserve to live like this. I should not have to pay two million dollars to live in a peaceful area of New Jersey. Yes, those are the prices. You are lucky if you get a house in the ghetto for less than $600,000.00. If you do, it is probably ready to be demolished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input!