Monday, August 6, 2012

Standards

Every time my husband and I decide go somewhere in New Jersey, it is a problem. This state is so densely populated that something as simple as going to the store is a hassle. Many times, shopping feels like standing in line at a soup kitchen in order to get free food. Many of the sore items are picked over, stepped on and strewn about the floor.

In my last post, I mentioned that I was going to Vegas (and California). I had so much fun when I went there because things functioned as they should. The streets were wide and had adequate space for the cars on the road. The stores were not super crowded, dirty, and mismanaged. The homes (in most areas) were neat, clean, well-maintained and beautiful. the streets were not super dirty (not even on the Las Vegas strip).

When I lived in Georgia it was similar to Vegas in terms of standards. I miss professionally-managed properties as opposed to some fly-by-night landlord who buys or inherits a property, throws tenants into an apartment, locks them into a lease for a year, and demands rent or else. Many of them never fix anything and still expect timely payments (for landlord/tenant disputes, check out my new site: www.rentersnet.blogspot.com).

Every time I go on vacation and leave the metro NY area, I am reminded of how bad this place is. I know that I am supposed to be grateful to have a place to stay and everything. I should also be glad that I have all of my basic needs met. While I am grateful for these things, this is no longer an excuse. I do not like this state and I do not plan on being here much longer. When I move, I will definitely keep you posted. In the meantime, check out my Vegas pics on my travel site: www.pique1.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input!