Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Robbery!

Okay,

By now you are probably getting the idea that I am trying to steer people away from New Jersey. I understand your thinking but it isn't completely accurate. There are so many sites, shows, and programs that paint this pretty picture of this state. However, do they tell you that we have one of the highest car insurance rates nationwide? What about utilities?

Since we moved into a place that is about one-third of the size of our last place, we thought that our utility bill would be lower. We just got our bill. we are paying roughly the same for our 1b/1ba as we were for our 3b/2ba with central air, which also ran on gas. The local utility company here PSE&G robbed us yet again (had this issue way back in another place)! When I called to inquire about the bill, the representative told me that I should not compare two completely different places. I asked him how else could he explain that the bills are the same between the two places. Our gas portion alone was over $100 (electric was $50) when we barely used the heat last month because it was getting warmer at the time. We barely cook and have only used the gas dryer three times.

I asked them to check and see if there was something wrong with the meter. The representative was very rude and told me that there was nothing wrong with the meter and that they would not send anyone to check it! I asked to speak to his manager. I received a call back from the manager today and he told me that they would send an investigator. This is all I asked in the first place but instead of the guy obliging me, he was rude and dismissive. I will let you know how it goes when they send the investigator out but this company has been known to shaft people again and again. Look them up on the Consumer Affairs website and you will see tons of people with complaints against them.

There are also sites about people just driving through this state to get to another one and end up with a ticket! Look through something other than rose-colored glasses if and when you research this state. Due diligence is key! There are so many who come here and get stuck under false dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input!